P5 or P6..cant decide....

Moderator: Bluewednesday

P5 or P6..cant decide....

Postby mocha » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:33 pm

I've got just 2 optional papers left....I'll choose P4 for sure, but can't decide between P5 and P6...
I heard that P6 is the most difficult paper of ACCA...is that true? I've been self studying all the way, and working full time... if the P6 is so difficult, I'm afraid I dont have so much time to get it done...

I like doing computation, and got good mark in F6. Just wondering if P6 is very different from F6...and if the P5 is easier than P6.....

Thanks a lot for help :)
mocha

Re: P5 or P6..cant decide....

Postby alamode » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:08 pm

P6? Most difficult? No no no no no.. I guess it depends on person to person but i actually think P6 is one of the easiest of the optional papers. Ofcourse none of the optional paper is easy but P6 is relatively easy.

People usually say P2 or P7 is the hardest paper of ACCA.

I did P6 and found it relatively easier then P4 (my other optional paper). Ive heard P5 is one of the easier ones as well and P7 is a really hard paper.
alamode

Postby mocha » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:16 am

P6? Most difficult? No no no no no.. I guess it depends on person to person but i actually think P6 is one of the easiest of the optional papers. Ofcourse none of the optional paper is easy but P6 is relatively easy.

People usually say P2 or P7 is the hardest paper of ACCA.

I did P6 and found it relatively easier then P4 (my other optional paper). Ive heard P5 is one of the easier ones as well and P7 is a really hard paper.

hi, thx for reply. I guess u r right, it depends on person to person. So i think i'd better give it a try, at least i love doing the computation :p
mocha

Postby Mdam » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:46 am

Surely it's down to the individual? Is P7 adv audit? I can't believe that it's harder than adv fin man or adv perf man, surely. Personally I hate to think that I am more suited to audit but I managed to pass that first time, with minimal effort, whilst it took 2 attempts (scraped 50%) to pass F9. I can't imagine adv fin man being any more friendly than f9!

I'm trying to decide which to do and I've got a dilemma - I want out of practice and to go into industry so, obviously, p4 or p5 would be the logical chocies, but I just think that audit would be the easiest out of the 4. However, how would I put that across in an interview for an industry role? "Er yeah, I hate audit but I did it because it was the least difficult of the 4", I don't think!

To move from practice to industry, how important do you think the options are?
Mdam

Postby Mdam » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:46 pm

*Bump* .
Mdam

P4 or P6, cannot decide

Postby accastudent183 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:12 am

I'm giving my last two papers this sitting. I am definitely doing p7, cannot decide between p4 and p6. I loved p2, i love number crunching papers. P4 and P6 are practical papers. which one among them have more calculations than theory? Which one would suit me more?
I could really use your help, thankyou.
accastudent183

Return to P6 Advanced Taxation ATX