15th Apr - Decision Deadline

Moderator: Bluewednesday

15th Apr - Decision Deadline

Postby steve10 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:37 am

Oh its that time again to decide which exams to sit in June and I can't make my mind up!! Do I resit just F6 UK Tax and concentrate on just that one - part of my mind is saying yes another part is saying do F7 resit also because I need to "press" on with ACCA. Got 40% for F6 in Dec and failed miserably with 26% for F7 but I do have a lot of study notes for both papers. Also I am planning in attending the course on Exam Techniques on the Day which is a freebie later this month

Any advise but it has to be before 14th Apr
steve10

Re: 15th Apr - Decision Deadline

Postby Carl28 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:40 pm

I would recommend hitting both, if you studied in Dec its going to be fairly fresh in your mind

Start now, you have about 2 months to revise
Carl28

Postby Mdam » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:10 pm

Slightly different dilemma for me. Got P2 and P7 to go but have recently been made redundant. Now, is it worth doing them anyway (meaning shelling out £168) just in the hope that I can get them done and dusted, added to the fact that I expect to be off work for a month or so anyway (more if I go travelling) so I've got some time to study. I have got 3.5 years experience so the time in a relevant role part is sorted, I only have to get one more PER objective signed off and they are both resits so I have some knowledge. Everything would point towards doing them in June because in December I'll have had another 6 months to forget the knowledge and I'll more than likely be working.

I may change career but if I pass them and get my PER signed I could be qualified. Is that right? Can I become qualified even if not in a relevant role at the time?
Mdam

Postby Ezza » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:47 pm

I sat P2 on its own and found it quite tough considering i spent alot of hours on question 1 and also reading the standards but luckily it paid off and i passed quite comfortably with 65 :)

I would recommend you to do both papers for the pair of you and make sure you discipline yourself to study hard. I was studying longer than my work hours during my days off in the library :)
Ezza

Return to Certificate Level