Which tuition provider?

For general discussions, questions and comments on ACCA related matters.

Moderator: Bluewednesday

Which tuition provider?

Postby JulieA » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Hello everyone

This is my first post here.

I have decided to study ACCA and wondered which tuition provider/method of study people recommend.

Reading through various posts and student magazines it appears there is a lot of choice both in terms of providers and costs.

Could anyone make any recommendations or share their experiences.

Thank you

Julie
JulieA

Re: Which tuition provider?

Postby publicfinance » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:00 am

Hi Julie

I would suggest you take a look at:

BPP
LSBF
Kaplan

You should find at least one of these meets your needs. LSBF seems to a forward thinking organisation that makes use of electronic media so if that is something that interests you take a look there. If it is more face to face tuition, then depending where you are BPP or Kaplan may be more suitable as they have offices in most major cities.

Just to point out I am in now way connected to any of the three providers above and as the BBC would say 'other tuition providers are available"

PF :lol:
publicfinance

Postby JulieA » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:00 am

Hi PF

Sorry for the delay in my reply and thank you for your suggestions.

I have taken a look at LSBF and also BPP as I would like to physically attend a few courses. At the moment I am in discussions with my employer as obviously cost is a consideration!

Thanks again

Julie
JulieA

Postby RosieFI » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi Julie,

My name is Rosie & I work for First Intuition (www.fi.co.uk), a Platinum Approved ACCA tuition provider with branches across the UK.

All I would say about deciding where to study is ask each college about their pass rates, tutor support and pass guarantee scheme. You want to make sure that you will pass your exams first time, with full support from real tutors. There may be a time in your study career that you fail an exam. This is not the end of the world & knowing that you can attend a full course for the same subject the following term, completely free, really helps! So do ask about their commitment to get you those passes.

We offer classroom, home study, online and live online courses. With small class sizes, you will never be in a class of more than 30 students. The tutor gives out their mobile number, home number and email address for full support out of the classroom. We think we're the best college around, but all I can say is do your research & talk to other students.

If you want any advice about the ACCA qualification or methods of study, give us a ring on 020 7323 9636 or contact us here http://www.firstintuition.co.uk/contact-us.html

Lastly, good luck with your studies!

All the best,

Rosie Pennington
RosieFI

Postby JulieA » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:54 pm

Hi Rosie

Thanks very much for this, I will check out your website and found out more.

Certainly sounds a good offering.

Thanks
Julie
JulieA

Postby popeyeaccountant » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:51 pm

London College of Accountancy is good too. I went for 3 papers and passed them. They are cheaper than most tuition providers and the quality is not much lower. They supply the BPP study texts and revision kits as part of the course, so the learning materials are strong. I sat the evening classes for P1, P2 and P3. As long as you supplement your attendance with a lot of your own study, you will do well.
popeyeaccountant

Postby Alakkhan » Mon May 13, 2013 11:06 am

Hi Julie

I have the same case as yours. I am also looking at studying ACCA and yet to decide which tuition provider to choose from.

Having gone through various posts on different forums I have come across the three tuition providers namely LSBF, BPP and KAPLAN. But I couldn't come to the final decision as to which to choose from?

Well, could you share which tuition provider have you decided to go with ??

Thanks a lot!!

Kind regards

Alak khan
Alakkhan

Return to General ACCA Discussion