ACCA June 2012 Exam Results

For general discussions, questions and comments on ACCA related matters.

Moderator: Bluewednesday

ACCA June 2012 Exam Results

Postby Jane Walsh » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi,

Thought I'd get the ball rolling with the exam results thread.

I'm nervously awaiting the results for my last ACCA paper, P4 - notoriously hard. Not feeling good about it as the exam was really difficult and I massively stuffed up my time management. However I have never been confident about results and somehow due to some sort of miracle/guradian angel I've usually managed to srape by. But this is it....this one makes the difference between being qualified and unqualified. I am so excited and terrified all at the same time. Please hurry up 5am!!

Good luck to everyone else, hope that this session gives us all what we hope for :D
Jane Walsh

Re: ACCA June 2012 Exam Results

Postby topcat » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:22 am

Paper Details: P2 INT Corp. Rep.
Result: Pass
Mark: 50
Paper Details: P3 Bus. Ana.
Result: Fail
Mark: 37

Ironically this was what I expected from the exam. Which is rare as ACCA can throw a curve at you at any time. BUT I am very happy to have passed P2 as I quite enjoy P3 and won't mind re-taking.

It's a shame P4 is so difficult, I really enjoyed F9 and would love to give it a go, but I think I am leaning more towards tax and advanced performance management

in your opinion how tough is P4 compared to other papers and what makes it such a challenge? thanks
topcat

Postby Mdam » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:43 am

Failed P7 for the 4th time with 39%. Fourth and final time. This is over and out for my acca studies.
Mdam

Postby Jane Walsh » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:20 pm

MDAM Failed P7 for the 4th time with 39%. Fourth and final time. This is over and out for my acca studies.

Don't give up - you've worked so hard to get to the last hurdle. How do you study? College/home study etc? Maybe it's worth taking a different approach and trying a different method??

Whatever you do, don't give up - that would be heartbreaking.
Jane Walsh

Postby Jane Walsh » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:32 pm

topcat in your opinion how tough is P4 compared to other papers and what makes it such a challenge? thanks

I am now an ACCA affiliate and passed P4 first time with 58%. Still reeling with shock, cannot believe that I've finally made it - after a 5 year struggle.

P4 is definately a technically difficult paper but it is one of the most interesting papers that I have taken. For me it's easier to work hard at something you enjoy than it is to work at something that you're not particularly fond of. With regards to P4 the things I struggled most with was the Maths, it's been a long time since I've done algebra so I had to put in a lot of extra effort.

What I would say is that if I can do it then anyone can do it, I mean that.

When I was choosing my options I didn't know what to do as I work in Industry so there was very little need for me to do Tax or Advanced Audit. They would have been wasted but equally I was terrified of doing P4 as I had heard that it was so difficult. I was doing P3 at the time in college and my lecturers very kindly let me review a P4 text book so that I could see what was involved first.

Like you I really enjoyed F9, it didn't come naturally and I had to work for it but it was rewarding.

Follow your heart - Good luck and congratulations with your results. You must be made up to have P2 out of the way!!
Jane Walsh

Postby popeyeaccountant » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:49 pm

I passed P2 with 69. Yeah baby!
popeyeaccountant

Postby topcat » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:14 am

Hi Jane, I have sent you a PM

well done to everyone that passed and to the chap that failed, your almost there hang on :)
topcat

Postby popeyeaccountant » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:44 am

Mdam wrote:Failed P7 for the 4th time with 39%. Fourth and final time. This is over and out for my acca studies.

Hello. It's a real shame if you quit with one paper left to go. You must be doing something fundamentally wrong that you are not aware of. The best course of action to take is to speak to a tutor or someone who has passed P7 and gain an insight into what needs to be done to pass v your current approach. It may be something small that you are well capable of changing, you just don't realise it.
popeyeaccountant

Postby steve10 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Mdam wrote:Failed P7 for the 4th time with 39%. Fourth and final time. This is over and out for my acca studies.

I wish I just had one exam left and if I was you, I wouldn't give up. Your on your final exam, so all that work you have done in the past must mean surely, you should have another go at P7 and then qualify.

I am stuggling with F9 sat it twice and not even yet got to the professional papers!. Even still got to go back and do F5 then the nightmare starts on the professional papers!!

You should not give up after coming so far on

steve
steve10

Postby popeyeaccountant » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:40 pm

The pass rates for the June 2012 session:

http://www.accaglobal.com/en/student/qu ... rates.html
popeyeaccountant

Next

Return to General ACCA Discussion