ACCA June 2012 Exam Results

For general discussions, questions and comments on ACCA related matters.

Moderator: Bluewednesday

Re: ACCA June 2012 Exam Results

Postby omarpk » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:34 am

'Failure is not falling down, it is refusing to get up'.

No, I'm not a success guru or a Mr Know it All preaching to anybody. I'm just a regular guy who's failed more times than a lot of people over here and knows a thing or two about flunking ACCA exams having been a reg student since 2002 and clearing my final paper this session (BIG THANK YOU to THE ALMIGHTY).

I know whats it like to be reminded/humiliated about being a part-qualified accountant on a regular basis at work due to my inability to complete my local CA and then the taunts about not being able to wrap up ACCA as well. I nearly gave up studying for 3-4 years after all that despite paying my annual subs and trying to sit for papers which I never had the courage to attempt. I have experienced failure at every ACCA exam stage level - primarily due to my own blunders but I agree it hurts. P2 ate up 2.5 years of my life until Clare Finch's articles and this wonderful site came to my rescue. I thought it was all over when I sat P7 and P5 in Dec 11 during an extremely stressful time in my life with work and health issues. But no P5 wasn't going down without a fight either. I met some1 on another accountancy website who was kind enough to share her notes and summaries with me and thankfully they saved the day for a flunker like me and i scraped though in this session. The local CA exams, work and health issues are still there but at least the ACCA exams thankfully bite the dust.

My apologies for the long personal story but I just wanted to tell people who missed out that if some1 like me can do it - anybody can. Keep believing in yourself irrespective of how you feel or what people say, do all that u can up to the exam day even if it seems inadequate and while religion is a personal issue - keep praying and believing that things will work out eventually because they will.
omarpk

Postby c finch » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:14 pm

So pleased for you Omar...that is really really good news.

Thank you for the mention, I am so pleased the articles helped... You have inspired me to do more (P2 really is 'the beast!')

Many many congratulations on clearing your exams this time.

Regards

Clare (Finch)
c finch

Postby Michele_Wr » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:54 am

There is a great infographic about ACCA June 2012 exam results: http://www.infographicsonly.com/acca-june-2012-results/
Michele_Wr

Postby omarpk » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:18 am

THANK YOU Clare for your encouragement and kind words. Once again thank you for your wonderful articles and your IFRS book/masterpiece. I'd probably have given up were it not for your articles and the book that made the IFRS less intimidating and interesting for students like me. If only we had more accountancy tutors like you who made students believe they can tackle and overcome the daunting P2 paper. Wishing you all the best!

Regards
omarpk

Postby ja231 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:16 pm

How did you do this ? What was you strategy
ja231

Previous

Return to General ACCA Discussion