Question regarding BSc Thesis !

For general discussions, questions and comments on ACCA related matters.

Moderator: Bluewednesday

Question regarding BSc Thesis !

Postby alamode » Wed May 18, 2011 10:02 pm

Just finishing off my thesis these days and needed to ask a few questions.

It says on the acca website that Intro = 1000 words, Explanation of Analysis and its limitations etc = 1500 words, Analysis and Conclusion = 4000 words.

Well im falling short in the 2nd area, I have around 800 words for that. Im going over for the last portion, I have around 4400 words for that but my total still is below the 6500 words mark. Do i need to change it or is it ok ?

Secondly, I didnt use any other websites apart from the financial statements and a few other financial reports which i have linked to in my reference list at the end. I have not cited anything within my report since i didnt rely on any website for it. Again is this acceptable?
alamode

Re: Question regarding BSc Thesis !

Postby comsdev » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:36 pm

I am not commenting here regarding your word count. I submitted my thesis one year ago, so I do not remember the requirements. But I remember, the word requirements were very clear when I was preparing the thesis.

As far as your question is concerned related to books. Yes, financial statements is very important material but you should also do some other analysis of the company you have chosen for your project. For example, you can do PEST Analysis, SWOT analysis and Value Chain Analysis. In this way, you can incorporate the knowledge you have gain in Paper P3.

If you need, I can send you my BSC Project. You just need to send me an email for that at m.jawadyaqoob@yahoo.com

If you want, you can also download it form this link. Please comment here if you like my thesis.
http://helpingacca.blogspot.com/2014/02 ... hesis.html
comsdev

Return to General ACCA Discussion