Can you do the entire ACA via distance learning?

For general discussions, questions and comments on ICAEW related matters.

Moderator: Bluewednesday

Can you do the entire ACA via distance learning?

Postby kuhinur » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:11 am

I think the title says it all. I am currently doing my professional stage with Kaplan by attending class but my job is suffering as a result of being out of the office for such long periods of time. I wanted to know if you can do all the stages of the ACA via distance learning and if there are any tuition providers who provide online classes? So far all I have come across is that Kaplan & BPP both only provide distance learning for knowledge papers with BPP suggesting they will roll out online classes for application and advanced early this year but no clear indication as to when this might be. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
kuhinur

Re: Can you do the entire ACA via distance learning?

Postby Meg_Rey » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:24 pm

I have done all my exams using distance learning a lot with just the text and revision book and wider reading. I only have one exam to go now. I think you have to be very motivated to do it like this and you don't have the interactions with other students.
Meg_Rey

Postby kuhinur » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:43 am

Thanks for the response Meg. I would much rather prefer doing the ACA via distance learning as I just find being in class a waste of time as most of the time we are set tasks and just left to our own devices. I'm also not too concerned about not having student interaction as I am the only student in both my classes from outside of a big 4 firm. How did you find the self study and did you pass all your exams first time round? (Failing, even once, is my biggest concern!)Good luck with your exam too
kuhinur

Postby Meg_Rey » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi

Ive failed two F5 and P6 both first time round. Both times my own fault I made mistakes in the exams that I realised as soon as I walked out of the exam. Just made me work that bit harder :)
Meg_Rey

Postby mervinchew » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:24 am

For the peeps doing the whole distance learning thing for ACA, there is an online community for just students where you can ask questions and get help from other students. From time to time ICAEW will have an "Ask the Tutor" session and as well as free online webinar on helping you to pass your exams.

You can check it out at http://www.ion.icaew.com/studentcommunity
mervinchew

Postby danielrobert51 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:06 am

Yes fr sure you can do the ACA via distance learning. You just have the spirit of doing ACA without noticing any small issues. You will definitely go through ACA with your hard work. I myself doing some home learning courses and I am totally satisfied with my decision.
danielrobert51

Return to General ICAEW Discussion