P6 today

Moderator: Bluewednesday

P6 today

Postby UIB67 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:50 pm

Anyone else sit this today?
Absolutely no idea how I did. Was really complicated and this examiner seems to like to throw in some real strange bits to questions.

But hey, can't do anything about it now but enjoy the summer if we get one.

Hope everyone got on ok.
UIB67

Re: P6 today

Postby serenlas » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:33 pm

Totally agree.

I haven't got a clue whether I did enough to pass. I did my best, but not sure that's good enough. It was a bit of a strange one wasn't it?

Still, onwards and upwards. Have you got any more exams this session? I'm 1 down and 2 to go.

Seren
serenlas

Postby UIB67 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:44 pm

Yeah - strange about sums it up. All that nonsense about the 12 IHT calculations - it's as though he keeps trying to catch us out.

Was only sitting this one thank goodness - this is my last one so would love to pass but after today not so sure at all.

Really hard to guage how I did - I answered everything but not sure the answers will be what they're looking for.

Hope you do ok with your other 2 - good on you - it's a lot to take on. I usually do 2 at a time but sat 3 one time and it was a nightmare. Though it meant that I only had one left for the last one.
UIB67

Postby sjwedgefield » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:16 am

A tricky paper I thought with some strange bits. The IHT question, if not hard enough at the best of times, was made all the more difficult by trying to work out the 12 permutations! I didn't actually manage to get to a fourth question because I ran out of time so heaven knows how I'll scrape enough marks to pass. My brain went into meltdown a bit which is frustrating because I have spent lots of time getting to grips with the material and felt I could have made a good attempt at a fourth question.
sjwedgefield

Postby UIB67 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:01 am

Yeah - that IHT bit was horrible - I ended up going on about Gifts with reservation too just in case that was what he was after. Reckon a lot of time was wasted on that bit.

I managed to finish - just - but it was so difficult to pick which option questions to do.

I know what you mean though. I worked so hard trying to learn it all then was really put off by the strange bits - like that bit about the Finance act and how the Finance Director was involved - what was that all about - and to think I have spent all this week learning VAT stuff!!!!!!
UIB67

Postby Graemer » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:23 am

I did the options questions first then Q1 & Q2. It ended up with me getting to the 12 IHT calcs with little time, hadn't a clue about that, I just couldn't get my head around it.

I hate the way the requirements in the case studies are repeated in the 'email from your boss'. They are always worded slightly different and mean you are flicking backwards and forwards trying to make sure you cover everything.

P7 tomorrow, another sleepless night. I got to sleep at 4am last night despite winding down and turning the light off at 11pm!
Graemer

Postby Mands » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:28 am

I didnt have a clue, i went blank, the guy next to me said 'you are having a laugh', to himself but i heard him clearly and made me smile, he continued with the occassional sigh here and there so it wasnt just me thinking the immpossible..

i attempted all questions knowing little bits of every and not finishing big bits of other questions, 12 IHT workings.. what a joke, how did it work out to be 12?? i didnt do 12 thats for sure, the finance act bit also threw me too, it wanted ethics there i think and know i wont have done enough to pass.

Been crying on and off all day today cos the exam was so horrible, it didnt seem anything like his previous papers.

I just want to finish and qualify.
Mands

Postby Mands » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:22 pm

Feeling much better today :)
How did people go about the bicycle question? tax imps for co. and ee's?
Good luck all of you with more exams on the go..
Mands

Postby ch2008 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:00 pm

This paper was horrible, all the nasty obscure areas of the syllabus and really strange IHT question.

Nothing like a fair test of ability!!
ch2008

Postby ziqbal_2000 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:14 pm

When I read the paper in first 15 minutes, I though I will sail through. But when I started solving, I realised I only know bits and pieces of almost everything. I was very hopeful to finish ACCA this June but there is high probability that I will have to appear in this exam again
ziqbal_2000

Next

Return to P6 Advanced Taxation ATX