P6 today

Moderator: Bluewednesday

Re: P6 today

Postby traceycurly » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:15 pm

I felt exactly the same! Nothing like past exam questions I have done! Was looking out for the IHT v CGT questions everyone says happens but it was not really there! This is my last exam and I have worked really hard but I just don't know if I can scrap through!

Does anyone actually know what he meant by the finance acr and the senior accounting officer?
traceycurly

Postby ch2008 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Did anybody do the question with the person going to work in Birmingham and the two options of travel or company house?

If you did this question did you find either option resulted in a loss?

and which one was more beneficial?
ch2008

Postby Graemer » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:01 am

I got that neither was a loss. Although I've got to say that the wording of the question left it wide open for there being loss since it asked you to suggest what level of remuneration would make it worth his while if he was worse off.

I taxed him on the whole benefit of the mileage allowance since it was not a temporary workplace (i.e. up to two years and not known to be more than two years in advance).

Guys I have filled in the exam feedback form on the ACCA site:

http://www.accaglobal.com/allnews/stude ... ws/3331775

I mentioned about the 12 IHT calculations as I felt the point of the examination was to apply tax knowledge to the given scenarios, not to deal with cryptic clues about the actual requirements of the question were!

If anyone feels the same it may be useful to let ACCA know.
Graemer

Postby ch2008 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:35 pm

I totally agree Graemer, there seemed to be lots of ambiguous questions and the wording in the first part I thought was unclear on which adjustments to include in the Corporation Tax computation for the group.

The IHT question was a total mess and I do not think it was a fair test of IHT knowledge.

But, pleased somebody had the same answer (apporximately) to me for the change in job location question.
ch2008

Postby serenlas » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi there,

I got a loss on one option but can't remember which one. If I was wrong I was wrong, nothing I can do now.

Try not to worry about whether anyone else got the same answer as you, if someone did get the same as you it might just mean you are both wrong. Remember there are marks available for your workings and you still get credit for your advice and conclusions as long as they are relevant to your calculations. All you can do now is forget all about it until results day.

All the best,

Seren
serenlas

Postby Graemer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:01 am

You're quite right. Tax papers are funny that way. Speaking to a few mates after the exam we found we had about three or four different answers for many questions.
Graemer

Previous

Return to P6 Advanced Taxation ATX