last minute tips??

Moderator: Bluewednesday

last minute tips??

Postby mystery » Sun May 31, 2009 12:20 pm

hi everyone,

would anyone like to suggest some last minute tips???
some questions that they feel should be done again before going for the exam

thanks
mystery

Re: last minute tips??

Postby barbie » Sun May 31, 2009 3:49 pm

What papers are you sitting?
barbie

Postby mystery » Sun May 31, 2009 3:57 pm

p2 p5 p6
wht abt u?
mystery

Postby Mature-Student » Sun May 31, 2009 5:28 pm

P6 is tomorrow, right?

I wouldn't do any more studying now. Have a nice relaxing evening, get to bed early, and let your mind get a rest.

Doing any more tonight will just tire your brain, and often causes people to panic and think of what they don't know, not all that they do know.

And for the exam, remember calculations alone won't get you through. Attempt all parts of all questions, know the time to allocate to each question part, and once it's over, even if you haven't finished, move on.

Good luck.
Passed final ACCA exam 08/2008
Admitted to membership 11/2008
Started studying CIoT 2009
- mad? I think I must be!!!!
Mature-Student

Postby barbie » Sun May 31, 2009 5:34 pm

I am doing P4 and P5. I have put all my time into P4 and am now panicking about P5 - as it looked the 'easier' one but now i am definitely not sure.

Freaking out somewhat - good luck for tomo - how you getting on with P5?
barbie

Postby Mdam » Sun May 31, 2009 6:02 pm

I am doing P4 and P5. I have put all my time into P4 and am now panicking about P5 - as it looked the 'easier' one but now i am definitely not sure.

Freaking out somewhat - good luck for tomo - how you getting on with P5?

Do you work in industry? Just wondering if that influenced your decision when it came to the options. I like the look of those two rather than adv tax and adv audit, perhaps that's an indication to get out of practice!

PS: I'm nowhere near the options, just finding things to do other than revision!
Mdam

Postby mystery » Sun May 31, 2009 6:19 pm

P6 is tomorrow, right?

I wouldn't do any more studying now. Have a nice relaxing evening, get to bed early, and let your mind get a rest.

Doing any more tonight will just tire your brain, and often causes people to panic and think of what they don't know, not all that they do know.

And for the exam, remember calculations alone won't get you through. Attempt all parts of all questions, know the time to allocate to each question part, and once it's over, even if you haven't finished, move on.

Good luck.

thnks 4 the advise
mystery

Postby barbie » Sun May 31, 2009 7:35 pm

Nope I work in Local Government (sigh)

I just knew I couldnt stand audit so there was no way i was doing that and i sat tax so long ago i would have had to learn the basics again. I think you need to work with tax really to sit that optional paper.

I did ok in F9 so thought i would go for P4 but its definitely a tough paper. I so just want to have it over with now. I am going to lock the door in office tomo and not come out till Thursday morning!!! GO AWAY SUN!!!

I have about a billion distractions,,, food.... computer,,.... even cleaning and hoovering is preferable to question practice!
barbie

Postby Mdam » Sun May 31, 2009 9:00 pm

I have about a billion distractions,,, food.... computer,,.... even cleaning and hoovering is preferable to question practice!

Tell me about it, on Saturday the balance was 15 minutes work, 35 mins break in the sun. Got that the wrong way round really!

It's great having 4 weeks off work prior to the exams but I cringe when I think of the amount of time I have wasted. 16 waking hours a day * 20 = so so much time to pass 3 exams, but it just doesn't happen!
Mdam

Postby Mature-Student » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:09 pm

As I've said before, I study at work where we have a study area and also an enclosed courtyard which is great when the sun is out. If I didn't have these available to me, I'd either be in the local park or in the library. Otherwise, I'm sure I would now have a very clean and tidy house, and a lot of failed exams to my name!

Mdam, 16 hours study per day is a lot. Your brain needs time to rest and process what it has taken in, hence why the general advice is study for short periods with breaks in between. My pattern when off was two two hour sessions with half an hour between from 8.30 to 1, then lunch and some fresh air/exercise for an hour, then two one and a half hour sessions plus a half hour break from 2 to 5.30. I'm a morning person, hence the shorter afternoon sessions. I would also try to get one and a half to two hours in later on once my daughter was in bed. So seven to nine hours a day.

Don't think of what you may have wasted, crack on and get going on those books from now until the exam.
Passed final ACCA exam 08/2008
Admitted to membership 11/2008
Started studying CIoT 2009
- mad? I think I must be!!!!
Mature-Student

Next

Return to P6 Advanced Taxation ATX