F4 Survival Guide

Moderator: Bluewednesday

F4 Survival Guide

Postby CuriousMeerkat » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi,

I am sitting F4 in December 2010 and I have almost finished the study text, so I will have about a month to revise, read the articles and do past paper questions.

I am struggling when it comes to remembering things like the cases (do you have to remember the year as well, or just the name?) or things like the amount of notice needed for each company meeting etc.

Does anyone have any tips or advice on techniques for remembering all the important stuff? I am really not looking forward to this one.

CM
CuriousMeerkat

Re: F4 Survival Guide

Postby carl » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:34 am

no real advice on remembering, just try to remember one case for each main thing, so contract law, duty of care, negligence, business ownership etc.. the main one is the carlill vs carbohlic smokeball for contracts, as it covers a fair few areas

You dont need to remember the case year, its not even essential you remember the names, however you can gain marks for referencing cases in your answers, The F4 paper is generally very spread out, so it means you can

Just keep doing questions, it will go in. The way i test myself is by checking whether i would be able to explain something to someone who had no knowledge. If i can, i must know it.
carl

Postby CuriousMeerkat » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:42 am

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your response. It is good news that I don't have to remember the year of the case, that is what often catches me out - the names aren't so bad. I'd definitely like to be in the position where I can confidently state the case names for a few extra marks. Every little helps!

As for examinable documents, I don't need to go into them in any more detail than the study texts do, is that correct?
CuriousMeerkat

Postby CuriousMeerkat » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:03 am

Carl,

You say to try and remember one case for each main thing, contract law, duty of care etc... but you must have to know more than one case in each area? In contract law there must be 50 cases or more on the different aspects of offer, acceptance, communication of acceptance and so on.

I would have trouble to memorise half of those, and they are just for one aspect of the paper!

How many cases did everyone else learn?
CuriousMeerkat

Postby CuriousMeerkat » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:32 pm

Bump.

Anyone have any advice? I want to learn enough cases, but not waste time remembering more than I have to as I could be concentrating on something else.
CuriousMeerkat

Postby artimus » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:34 pm

?
artimus

Return to F4 Corporate and Business Law CL