Should I study for the ACCA qualification?

For discussing general accountancy related topics.

Moderator: Bluewednesday

Should I study for the ACCA qualification?

Postby geek84 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi Folks

I have just completed my AAT and thinking of going on to study the ACCA. I will be exempt from papers F1-F3.
Could someone be kind enough to give advice on the following queries that I have:

1. I want to study using the cheapest option. Would that be on line study and/or distance learning?
2. When the exams are near, I would like to attend some class room revision/lessons. Can you suggest any study providers that are good at providing those services?
3. In what order should I sit the exams? I want to sit the easier exams first?
4. What text books/ study materials would you suggest?
5. There seems to be quite a few study providers and study methods and I am a bit confused at the moment. What criteria should I use in order to make my final decision?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
geek84

Re: Should I study for the ACCA qualification?

Postby foades80 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:17 pm

Hi Friend,

Don't fall into the "traps" of many who have preceded the whole accountancy academy as a work of life. I would simply advice that you apply via UCAS and enrol into one of the best universities around Europe's largest financial centre, London, England or are you in America. The reason being that after completion of the AAT programme the course gets more rigorous as well as financially draining. I can show you how to pass the ACCA exam but my best advice is that I would rather not see another candidate "stranded" in ACCA whilst the world pass them by through the bullish cycle. In addition you would get exemptions from first year of university. Self-help my friend
foades80

Re: Should I study for the ACCA qualification?

Postby geek84 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:01 pm

Thank you for the advice.
geek84

Return to General Accountancy Discussion