Clare Finch's students guide to IFRS

For discussing general accountancy related topics.

Moderator: Bluewednesday

Clare Finch's students guide to IFRS

Postby Dean » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:52 am

Am I right in saying that there have been two publications of this book. The original and a second edition?

I think I have the first edition and wondering if I absolutely need the second addition. I will be starting my study towards IFRS probably towards the later part of this year possibly early next.

Basically at this stage I'm looking to 'get up to speed' so to speak as my previous exams were based on FRS/SSAPs. Presumably the standards are similar but with new IASxx references instead or FRS/SSAPxx.

If I need the second edition then so be it or will there be any further updates - later this year or early next in which case I'm better to wait.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Dean
Dean

Re: Clare Finch's students guide to IFRS

Postby RD206 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:45 am

I'm pretty sure that there is an update due to be published anytime now.
RD206

Re: Clare Finch's students guide to IFRS

Postby Clendon » Tue May 07, 2013 2:10 pm

Actually Clare's book now has a third edition that came out in 2013.

If you liked this book there are a series including the second edition of "A student's guide to group accounts" - by me, Tom Clendon. Both books - and others in the series can be bought via amazon - where you can look at reviews and see inside, or direct from the publishers at http://www.kaplanbooks.co.uk [www.kaplanbooks.co.uk] where with this discount code kmb9dv8-s you get free delivery and £5 off.
Clendon

Return to General Accountancy Discussion