Fraud Matrix

Moderator: Bluewednesday

Fraud Matrix

Postby Jennyw1986 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:06 am

Hello,

I am currently completing my AAT Technician. I am trying to complete my Unit 10 project and I need to put a Fraud Matrix in the appendix of my portfolio. Does anyone know any websites where I can print off a copy of a matrix to put in my appendix?

Please could someone reply back to this post as quickly as possible, as this is the only thing missing from my project.

Thank you
Jenny
Jennyw1986

Re: Fraud Matrix

Postby Jennyw1986 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:30 pm

As I have not had any luck with this could someone help me with explaining what a fraud matrix is? Could you give me an example?

Thank you in advance.
Regards
Jenny
Jennyw1986

Postby Bluewednesday » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:42 pm

I'm afraid I'm at a bit of a loss, I passed my unit 10 and didn't even know what a fraud matrix is, have you asked your tutor?
bluewednesday
Bluewednesday

Postby serenlas » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:59 am

Hi,

I remember doing my project and how stressful it was so I don't normally post on forums but in the absence of any other help, here goes.

Anyway, if you can get your hands on the Osbourne book, it has info on the fraud matrix on p81-82.

It's very simple. It's just a table that lists the risks and gives information about them. Headings might include 'Details of risk' which lists risks in a column on the left then going along there may be columns for 'Employees' (who might carry out the fraud), 'Collusion' (would there need to be collusion, if so who with), 'Likelihood' (of the fraud happening), and 'Impact' (on the business if it did happen). There is no set format though.

Just remember that all you are trying to do is demonstrate to the marker that you are able to identify the risk of fraud and assess its likelihood and impact.

Hope this helps,
Seren
serenlas

Postby Bluewednesday » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:58 am

That makes sense - that's what I did but didn't give it a formal name!
bluewednesday
Bluewednesday

Return to Technician Stage